Husson University’s primary campus (208 acres) is located in Bangor, Maine, a city of approximately 30,000 people, a short drive from the Maine coasts, forests and mountains. Approximately 250 miles north of Boston and 250 miles east of Quebec City, Bangor has one of the lowest urban crime rates in the United States.
Husson also has education centres in South Portland and Presque Isle.
We enrol approximately 2,600 undergraduate students at the Bangor campus, with about 500 more enrolled in graduate programs. Our students come from all over Maine, the country and the world.
The average class size is 21 students.
Husson University employs 113 faculty members and a number of adjunct faculty with expertise in the profession that they teach.
We offer undergraduate and graduate degrees in the following academic disciplines:
- Biology (Regular and Pre-Pharmacy/Advanced Track)
- Business MBA (Graduate admission)
- Business Administration (Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management, Financial Management, Franchise Management, General, Hospitality and Tourism Management, International Business, Management, Marketing, Real Estate Management, Retail Management, Sport Management and an Individual Programme of Study)
- Business and Technology
- Computer Information Systems
- Chemistry (Regular and Pre-Pharmacy tracks)
- Clinical Mental Health Counselling (MHRT/C)
- Criminal Justice (Graduate & Undergraduate admission)
- Educational Studies (CTE)
- Elementary Education
- English (Regular and Pre-Law with Paralegal Studies Certificate tracks)
- Environmental Science
- Forensic Science
- Health Education
- Healthcare Studies
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Human Relations
- Nursing (Graduate & Undergraduate admission)
- Paralegal Studies
- Pastoral Counselling
- Physical Therapy (Graduate/Professional & Undergraduate/Professional entry)
- Psychology (Regular and MHRT/C)
- Occupational Therapy (Graduate & Undergraduate admission)
- Pharmacy (Graduate/Professional). This programme has received Candidate status through the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
- Physical Education
- Science & Humanities
- School Counselling
- Secondary Education
- Software Development
Husson also offers a certificate programme in Paralegal Studies at our Bangor and South Portland Centres.
A member of the NCAA Division III, Husson offers 15 varsity sports and intramurals using state-of-the-art facilities, including the Swan Center, Trott Fitness Studio, and the Winkin Sports Complex with FieldTurf. More than 300 athletes participate in intercollegiate athletics, with more than 600 students taking part in our intramural programme.
- Basketball – Men’s
- Basketball – Women’s
- Cross Country – Men’s
- Cross Country – Women’s
- Field Hockey
- Lacrosse – Men’s
- Lacrosse – Women’s
- Outdoor Track and Field (New!)
- Soccer – Men’s
- Soccer – Women’s
- Swimming and Diving