Founded in 1884, Bangor University has a long tradition of excellence and exceeds expectations, both for academic standards and student experience.
TRC both directly recruits international students for Bangor University as well as having TRC Colleges which provides a University Foundation Programme* for International Year 12 students to enter universities like Bangor.
TRC is the exclusive representative for the Bangor University in the territories of Russia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia & Lebanon and will place students from these countries at Bangor University. Other countries students are welcome to also apply through TRC.
*The TRC Colleges University Foundation Programme is currently based in Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Jamaica, Nigeria, USA and shortly in the UK.
- The university has over 11,000 students and over 650 teaching staff based in 23 Academic Schools grouped into five Colleges. The national Research Assessment Exercise shows that world leading research is being carried out at Bangor. Areas of particular excellence include Accounting & Finance which is rated as the best for research in the UK, and Electronic Engineering which is rated second in the UK. Sports Science is placed in the top 10 in the UK and Psychology is 11th in the UK.
- A recent review by the UK Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) resulted in the highest possible endorsement of the University’s academic standards. The ‘confidence’ judgement by the QAA confirms the University’s academic standing and profile.
- The national Research Assessment Exercise shows that world leading research is being carried out at Bangor. Areas of particular excellence include Accounting & Finance which is rated as the best for research in the UK, and Electronic Engineering which is rated second in the UK. Sports Science is placed in the top 10 in the UK and Psychology is 11th in the UK.
- The University performs very well in a variety of student surveys rating satisfaction levels and overall experience. For instance, Bangor was ranked amongst the top 12 in the UK for providing small-group tuition (Times Higher Education), and achieved top 20 positions in the National Student Survey in subject areas.
- Bangor has been described as “one of the cheapest places in Britain” to be a student (The A-Z of Universities and Higher Education Colleges) and is consistently ranked as one of the most economical places to study in the UK in various cost-of-living surveys. It has excellent transport links with Manchester Airport being only one and a half hours away by road and even London is only 3 hrs by train, so Bangor being located by the sea all adds up to a very pleasant place to live and study.
Outside of academia you will find a wide range of opportunities to try new things, meet new people and enjoy the exciting atmosphere on campus.
The Students’ Union
- Much of your social life as a student at Bangor will revolve around the Students’ Union, which provides services, support, activities and entertainment for students.
- Every student who enrols at Bangor University is automatically a member of Bangor’s Student Union.
- Membership is free of charge.
- The Union is run by a committee of students and is dedicated to the social and welfare needs of all students on campus. All profits made go back into improving the services available to you.
The best way to make friends is to join a ‘student society’. These clubs are very important to student life and are run by other students. There are a number of clubs and societies from international and religious societies including the Christian Union, Islamic Society and Japanese Society to incredibly varied clubs like Beer and Ale society, People and Planet and Women’s Group.
Bangor Students’ Union also runs over 40 different sports clubs including everything from Archery to Ultimate Frisbee and Mountaineering to Cheerleading. Sports facilities The University has great facilities for outdoor sports including rugby, tennis, rowing, football, hockey, netball and athletics. As well as having extensive indoor facilities the University’s Maesglas Sports Centre grounds include: a floodlit synthetic pitch / astro turf; tennis courts; 2 grass football pitches and a rugby pitch. At the University’s Treborth site, located next to the picturesque Menai Strait you can enjoy: 4 full size football pitches; a Pavillion and an 8 lane athletics track.
Where is Bangor?
Bangor is located on the coast of North Wales, situated between the mountains of Snowdonia and the sea.
Bangor is one of the most attractive study locations in the UK and the size and nature of the City means that it is easy to get to know people and our students settle in immediately.
Travelling to Bangor
Travelling to the UK is very easy, the transport system is one of the most developed in Europe and it is possible to take a relaxing bus or train journey from almost any city to another. It is also possible to catch flights to other cities and many low cost airlines in nearby airports offer competitive last minute deals. We are located close to Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham with direct trains from London and Cardiff. There is also a low cost National Express coach services which operates from Bangor to many city centre locations throughout the UK. Everything in Bangor can be reached on foot, students do not need to rely on public transport or need to purchase a car. Libraries, lecture theatres, seminar rooms and other academic buildings are located close to each other and within walking distance of the city centre and university accommodation. Bangor is located in North Wales which has one of the lowest crime rates in the whole of the United Kingdom, making it a safe study environment for students.
Find out more:
The Welsh Tourist Board www.visitwales.com
UK National Parks www.you-well.co.uk/national-parks-uk-guide
Welsh Government www.wales.com
Where you live while you’re at university is an important part of your overall experience. The Accommodation for Students survey placed Bangor in the top three universities in Britain for quality of location and facilities.
You can chose from 22 halls of residence across 3 different sites. We guarantee all first year undergraduate students a place in University accommodation provided you apply in plenty of time. All University owned rooms / flats include:
- Single study bedrooms
- Self-catering with shared kitchens
- and on-site launderette facilities
- Free wired internet access 24 hour security
- Adapted accommodation available for students with special needs / disabilities
- Insurance cover
- Communal areas cleaned weekly
- En-suite rooms available
- Halls for postgraduates
You will have your own study bedroom. Bangor University does not have shared rooms or dormitories. Each room has a bed, desk, chair, wardrobe and storage.
It is possible for students to be accommodated in single sex groups in a number of halls. Students who would prefer this option should make this request when applying for accommodation.
All accommodation in the University is self-catered which gives you the option of buying meals at any of the site outlets or preparing your own. Self-catered accommodation gives you the freedom and flexibility to eat what you want, when you want and works especially well if you prefer to eat food similar to the food you eat at home. Bangor has a number of supermarkets and shops selling food from all over the world.
Close to campus
All the residential sites in Bangor are within walking distance of the city centre and main university departments. Our halls are so convenient you won’t have to spend your money on travelling to and from halls.
One of the advantages of living in University accommodation is the support you are offered. Each residence has Hall Wardens and security officers providing 24 hour assistance. You also have the reassurance that you will be sharing with other students who are in the same position as yourself.
One year’s tuition fees and service charges range from £15,000 – £18,000 depending on the degree subject and level. This includes first year transport from London to Bangor.
Students from Russia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia & Lebanon should contact TRC immediately for full personalised assistance and expedition of application.
Other students are welcome.£15,000 – £18,000Depending on the degree subject and level